Monday, March 5, 2012

YOOO
so i haven't blogged in forever!  I kept waiting for Sundance photos to write about Sundance, and next thing I knew I was back jumping and then competing and life was FLYINGGGGG by!!!!

Then I got asked to write in an athlete blog for A-line insoles.  And I heard from a few peeps that they missed this blog.......i know.....im shocked too!  But anyways so I'm back updating you on the end of January, February and into MARCH =)

January I kept shreddin around, taking laps and such while working out and raging as per usual in the Great Salt Lake.  During Sundance my sister her friend, boyfriend, and his sister came to stay.  We went adventuring and Abbie and i found ourselves at a random insiders party and other such crazy adventures...but yeaa

Then rolled around February and I was getting stronger and stronger, like literally BIGGEST person in the COE ;)  and finally i passed enough COE strength tests to be able to start popping off things and hitting rails!  I then started jumping again and taking everything superrrrrr mellow.

During all the time I've had off over the past year or so I watched every ski edit and movie I could get my hands on.  I would end up falling asleep visualizing tricks, and learned HOW i wanted my tricks to look like.  Before I just knew a checklist of tricks I wanted to do.  Now I know HOW i want each trick to look like and the style and feeling that goes along with that....all in my mind.

So I started out with the tricks I already knew how to do even learning how to just ollie onto a rail super smooth.  As i've been progressing Im working on every trick all four ways and developing my own style in each trick.  Casabon put it great in "While We Can"  take some from everyone and absorb it then come out with your own style.

If you haven't watched it....WATCH IT

While We Can

A week after I was back jumping I filmed for the nine queens competition.  Below you can watch it!!!



I decided i even wanted to enter on Thursday and filmed Friday.  Cameron Thuman filmed all the Park City parts and edited the entire video.  I was pretty pleased on the result.  I was told by a couple people that it was appropriete to put some earlier footage in, so I put that at the end of the edit.

The thing I was post pleased about with the edit was how my style has changed and improved.  I wasn't cleared to spin above a 5 when filming because the torque on the knee coming back forward to 7 is stronger then 5 so while i only had a low DD to work with I still came out with an edit I was pleased with, and that was because of all the different grabs and the smoothness of the tricks.

Ultimately my goal with this video is to have something to show that I'm back.  I had visualized all these segments and didn't want to wait anymore to drop one.  I also wanted something to show my sponsors.  They are all awesome and have either stuck with me through this past year or even picked me up on confidence that i'd be back.  So I wanted to thank them because their support is awesome.  I don't ski to get sponsored, or for the industry, in fact when i started I knew zero about any such industry, but everyones support makes it possible for me to ski for a living THANK YOU ALL!

And so the last part of this blog is about the past two weekends.  Last weekend I had my first slope comp it was a USASA at Brighton.  It was fun to get back in the starting gate and feel the nerves again.  This Thursday I was planning on doing a pipe comp at PC but after it dumped on Wednesday I decided to head up to Brighton with some friends.  I had one of my best pow days EVER! completely LEGENDARYYYY i felt like i was watching myself ski some of the worlds best pow!  I think it's important to love skiing and do what inspires the most.  I never would have skipped a comp before to go shred pow with friends, and I don't believe in slacking, but it's important to do whatever gets you the most stoked to go shred and GO THERE!!!!!!! so yeaaaa i got learned

then Friday, Sat, and Sunday I competed here at PC in a slope, 2 pipes and another slope.  Saturday and Sunday were King of Wasatch comps with prize money =)  I also did the Friday night jib fight rail jam at PCMR.  I had an awesome time and improved upon myself every run I took which was the goal!  As a matter of fact that's always the goal.  To me it doesn't matter who shows up to ANY competition because ultimately I'm competing against myself.  If I lay down the sickest run I can that day then I'm stoked. period. If I stomp a new trick, or stomp a trick better and more stylee then before then the day is success whether it's filming, competing, or shredding around with friends. I also came away from the weekend with $700 which is much needed money and AWESOME!  in fact I made more this one weekend then the entire fall working at Volcom.....which is why those exploded airbags....their still exploded and maybe can get fixed now =D


So that's all for now.

This post was a lil deep cause I wanted to share my view on style and competing and such.  
It seems to be the trend as you can see with 4bi9's Guacamole Sundayz



and to end this post imma leave you with Muddy Winter and Tommy Walnuts

These are two of my favorite edits of all time that I watch over and over to get inspired.






Now I'm gonna go watch them and get myself even more stoked for a week straight of pure sun spring skiing at PARK TITTIIIESSSSS


peace out yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment